Motherhood is...

Thursday, April 30, 2015



With Mother's day approaching in about a week, I've been thinking a lot about what motherhood is to me.  Here are my thoughts:

Motherhood is:
  • enjoying a cup of green tea every morning.....mostly cold.
  • sleeping beside my son every night because he just wants my comfort.
  • holding little hands as we walk up and down the stairs.
  • yelling at the dog for eating my son's snack for the third time that day (although I can't blame her since it was being waved in her face).
  • feeling guilty about how I handled some situations in the last 17 months.
  • taking the time to be creative again.
  • learning to validate the feelings of a little human.
  • appreciating the unconditional love of my own parents and in-laws.
  • insane sleep deprivation.
  • scarfing down chocolate when little one isn't watching.
  • leaving the house without diapers in the diaper bag...oops.
  • kisses through the crib bars.
  • constantly feeling over-touched.
  • being consistent.
  • the most important job I've ever had.
  • learning that "I am enough".
  • Hard.
What are your thoughts on motherhood right now?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Etsy Shop

Facebook

Instagram